The warrant was issued in January 1866 and the first minute book dates back to 1870. The first Worshipful Master was Sir Knight Commander Joseph Agnew. The Preceptory was known for a long time as Dungannon Golden Star. It has sat at various places, including Church Street, Thomas Street, William Street, Perry Street, Milltown, Gortmerron Lodge and the Court, Derrycreevy. The members of R.B.P No.52 are now encamped in the Lord Northland Orange Hall Castlehill, Dungannon.
The membership of the Preceptory has fluctuated over the years, but is usually around forty Sir Knights. Many Sir Knights from Dungannon have joined newly created Preceptories in the local area.
The Golden Knights of R.B.P. No. 52 unfurled a new banner, painted by Tootal, at the Lord Northland Orange Hall, Castle Hill, Dungannon on Friday 16th August 1985 at 7pm. Mrs. Sam Henderson graciously performed the unfurling ceremony, assisted by Miss Suzanne Steenson. The dedication was by Sir Knight Canon D.W. Griffith, Chaplain of Killyman District Chapter and Scripture Reading by Rev. Rodgers. The W.D.M. Sir Knight William Purdy acted as Chairman. After unfurling and dedication the Sir Knights paraded the town led by Greystone Silver Band. A good turnout from the various Preceptories within the District attended and paraded in favorable weather and afterwards all were provided with supper by the ladies.. The old banner was sold to a small receptory in Corragh, Co. Monaghan. The Preceptory has also retained a banner which was unfurled around the start of the 20th Century.